Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Birchbox!



I've been reading a lot about Birchbox's program on blogs. The idea here is you subscribe and pay $10 a month to receive a box of beauty samples. Perfect for the Wendrobe Project (I haven't forgotten about it I promise!)

First you have to be put on the "waiting list" to be accepted into the program. I had to wait about a month. You get billed on the first of each month and ten days later or less, you get your shipment.

So far I have been pretty impressed. I've only received two shipments. Because I was waiting to have time for this post, I haven't used any of the products yet because I wanted to take pics and describe the items.

The program is similar to other beauty stores where you can rack up points when you buy the full-size items. The points are a rewards-type system.

You fill out a short survey to let them know what type of skin you have, what types of products you are interested in, etc...



The first box I received was for March. The theme for that month was natural products. I haven't heard of any of these brands, but they are "natural." oy. The items included:
* Atelier Cologne - Orange Sanguine
* Erno Laszlo - Soap
* Juice Beauty - Oil-free moisturizer
* Pur Minerals - 4-in-1 Mineral Tinted Moisturizer
* MicrodermaMitt - Body Mitt (this thing is a sample, but it's HUGE)!!



For April, omg I have to say I was excited about this one....it was a tie-in to the Gossip Girls season finale. Normally tie-ins are cheesy, but I dig this!



* Color Club - Nail polish in Disco Nap
* Dr. Jart - Waterfuse BB Cream (this BB stuff is all the rage right now)
* Keratase - Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide (serum to help dry strands)
* Stila - Sparkle waterproof liquid eye liner - It looks like a full-size
* Keratase - extra shampoo and conditioner

My fave part I think of the box (aside from the nail polish AND the Stila eye liner was the note that came with it. "xoxo" just like GG!



So far I've been pretty happy with the products. I'll do a small review of them after I use them.

To sign up, just go to www.birchbox.com.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    This is indeed a fantastic resource. Thank you for making this publicly available.

    Multivitamin Antioxidant Product Suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, looks like fun. I love experimenting with new cosmetics.


    Haha, love the "Wendrobe Project". I need some inspiration myself these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try the Stila eyeliner & the Cristalliste. I've seen some great reviews about both. I've never heard of BB cream. What's it for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard amazing things about the Keratase Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide. I had no idea Birchbox was only $10 a month! I think I might need to get on the waiting list.

    ReplyDelete