Friday, March 23, 2012

Matched



ahhhh, I've been wanting to do a Wendrobe Project update but I've been slammed with time. Between the c25k (on week 3!), recovering and having some discipline issues with the terrible two kid, I haven't had the time I need to do a proper post with pics. That is one of my goals of the weekend.

I didn't even read a book this week! gasp! But last week I read Matched by Ally Condie.

I'd heard both good and bad things about this book so I wasn't sure how it would go. I actually liked it a lot. It's another DYSTOPIAN book. Clearly I've found a new obsession. I have come to love societies where you are told what to do.

In this one, the society even counts calories for them. Sends the food (no cooking allowed) that is deemed sufficient for you and only you. They tell you what to wear and MATCH you with the person you should marry and produce healthy offspring with.

So the main girl finds out that there are two "matched" boys for her. One by mistake. But that seed is planted and she has to choose who she really wants. But as usual, the society tries to sway her actions.

There is a second and an upcoming third book to this series. Since Katniss in The Hunger Games is the heroine who must save her world, other dystopian books have followed that lead.

This book is just odd what with people actually going along with the rules, but as always, they start to turn and want to get back their freedom. How dare they!

I recommend this book to you dystopian-loving-fools out there like me!

2 comments:

  1. So I guess this is another one I won't be reading???

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Traci- Ha!
    Wendy, it does sound interesting..I have so many on my list but I will have to keep this one in mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete